Where to buy
Know what you have home, even when your out
Terms and conditions of use
A new way to start your day
Something new is coming
to your kitchen.
Available to pre-order now.
Freshly made Coffee made before you rise
Smarter are hiring!
Opening the package
Download wifi kettle app iOS
Manually select network ANDROID
Reset Instructions BOTH
iOS turning on Notifications
Initial wifi kettle Set Up iOS
Download wifi kettle app ANDROID
Alarm Set Up iOS
Boil Dry Feature iOS
ANDROID app features
Initial wifi kettle Set Up ANDROID
ANDROID Kill the app
iOS Failed set up
ANDROID Forget Network
ANDROID Clear App Data
Please complete the following steps in the following order for a full reset.
A couple of things to bear in mind before completing a full reset are that you must be connecting to a 2.4GHz router and the setup of the iKettle must be performed next to your router (it can then be moved after the set up).
The steps are as follows:
1) Press and hold down the 65 degrees Celsius button on the base until you hear several beeps.
2) Unplug the base, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.
3) A hard reset of your router is then needed (please note that this will revert to the original factory password, which can usually be found on the router sticker). Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds (this can be a pin hole button at the back of the router). It will take a few minutes to reset, please note that some routers can take up to 10 minutes to reset.
4) Delete and re-install the app from your device.
5) Make sure your device is connected to your home network under 'Settings' and 'Wi-Fi'. You will see an (i) in a small blue circle on the right hand side of your home network and a blue tick on the left. Click on this and then click on 'Forget This Network'. This will allow your device to make a fresh connection and you can then re-select your router and re-enter your password when prompted.
6) Turn your Wi-Fi off for a few seconds and then on again, to refresh the connection
7) Open the iKettle app and follow the set up instructions.
This reset resolves the majority of issues. If you are still experiencing any problems after this, please let me know.
Your home network is your router name. It may be something that you have named it yourself e.g. Trevor Road Home or it may be the name that the manufacturer gave it e.g. BTHub3-ABCD.
This process allows your wifi kettle to have a more stable connection and ensures that you can use the internet at home as well as your wifi kettle. You won’t need to switch between the two as you would on some wireless printers for example. The wifi kettle is allocated a spot on your router where it will stay connected. By entering your home network name and password you are giving permission for your router to allow the wifi kettle to connect.
You can delete the SSID that is incorrect and re-enter being careful to ensure that the SSID is typed in exactly as it should be (e.g. including spaces / SSID’s are case sensitive).
Unless you are able to reset via your supplier you will need to hard reset your router as per manufacturer’s guidelines (it is usually done by placing a pin in the reset space on your router and holding down for 10-20 seconds, please check with supplier if you are unsure). Your password will then be the one that is printed on your router or on the slide out card stored within your router.
The wifi kettle will fail any set up where an incorrect password has been entered. You will be shown a page that allows you to start the set up process again. Choose that option and proceed as normal, ensuring to enter password carefully!
This could be for one or more of the following three issues:
- Is your wifi kettle plugged in at the mains and switched on?
- If it is the wifi kettle will have a flashing red ring around the on/off switch. If it doesn’t, please try another plug.
- Have you entered your home network password correctly?
- If you have entered your password incorrectly please start the set up process again and ensure correct password is entered when asked by the app.
- Are you and your wifi kettle within range of your wireless router?
For set up you may need to plug your wifi kettle in near your router to ensure the best connections. Once the set-up has been completed you can move the wifi kettle back to your kitchen.
- Make sure that you are near your wifi kettle when searching for connection.
- If you still cannot see the wifi kettle network try refreshing your Wi-Fi by turning it off and then on in your device settings.
- You can also try hard resetting the wifi kettle by holding down the 65 degree button until you hear two beeps. Then switch off at the mains, unplug and then plug in and switch back on.
You can connect multiple devices to one wifi kettle by downloading the app on the new device and choose existing set up. You will then be able to connect to the already set up wifi kettle automatically.
Please ‘kill’ the app (For Apple devices please double click home button and swipe up on wifi kettle app, for Android users see link here http://www.wikihow.com/Close-Apps-on-Android). Then start the process again. Be sure to hard reset your wifi kettle by holding down the 65 degree button until you hear two beeps and then switch off at wall and unplug. You can then put the plug back in, move wall switch to on and start set-up process on app.
It is 100 degrees. You can change this by tapping the various temperature options either manually on the wifi kettle base or on your app.
Turn your Wi-Fi off then on and wait for wifi kettle network to appear. Do this twice and if the wifi kettle network still doesn’t appear hard reset wifi kettle again. If this doesn’t work there may be interference from something in your home or office. Try relocating for the set-up to another area.
Please go to settings, then notification centre and locate the wifi kettle app in the list. Once in, change the ‘Alert Style’ to ‘Alerts’ which is the 3rd picture along. Make sure that all of the switches below are on green. You will then receive all notifications for the wifi kettle. If the wifi kettle app does not appear in the notification centre list you will need to turn your device off then on and follow the instructions above.
- Open the wifi kettle app, select the settings in the top right hand corner and click on wake up alarm.
- Select your desired time and then press set alarm.
- Click the back button to complete the process.
- Once your alarm has triggered, click the push notification or swipe the screen to prompt the wifi kettle to start boiling.
If the app does not trigger your wifi kettle alarm then make sure you have adjusted your push notifications in your application settings. Simply go into your iphone settings, go to notification centre, select the wifi kettle and click on the alerts button. Please also ensure that all the push buttons are on below. If you do not see the wifi kettle app then restart your iphone and try again.
Simply click on the app store icon on your iphone/tablet. Search for wifi kettle and download the app. Once downloaded, you will find the app in your applications list.
Or you can select it directly from here but remember to download it from your phone and not your desktop.
If your wifi kettle has no water inside, don’t panic, it has a boil dry feature and you will be alerted via your app. Just remember to refill it once you have finished pouring!
You can move your wifi kettle around the house, providing your phone is on the same network that you originally set up on.
If you want to relocate your wifi kettle to a different home network then simply follow the reset instructions and select the connection set up link in the wifi kettle app settings page.
1. Make sure you are within range of your home network when setting up the wifi kettle. Do not connect to the wifi kettle network until the app tells you!
2. Make sure your wifi kettle is plugged in and filled with water. Then press next.
3. The app will automatically connect to the wifi kettle network. If this does not happen then please manually connect.
4. Very carefully enter your Wi-Fi password as it case sensitive and then press next. (You will find this on the back of your router)
5. The wifi kettle will now connect to your home network. If this does not happen then please connect manually as shown here.
6. Congratulations! You have now successfully set up your wifi kettle.
1. If you get a failed set up screen… don’t worry. Simply reset your wifi kettle by holding down the 65’ button until you hear two beeps, then unplug and re-plug in your wifi kettle.
2. Press the next button and repeat the set up process but this time, try the following:
- Set up closer to your home network.
- Ensure you have entered the correct password (as this will prevent the set-up from working).
If your device keeps connecting to the wrong home network then you easily remedy this by going into your settings, selecting Wi-Fi settings, clicking your desired network and pressing the forget button. This will prevent the app from connecting to the wrong network.
Once your wifi kettle is up and running you will have access to the control panel. Here you can select your desired temperature and the keep warm mode.
- Customise your alarm settings and choose your desired sound.
- Choose between the times you arrive home from work.
Remember to select the enable button to turn on these features.
Simply click on the google store icon via your Android device. Search for wifi kettle and download the app. Once downloaded, you will find the app in your applications list.
Clear your app data then restart the app, select Already Set Up.